About Me

I'm a writer in Los Angeles, with more than my share of the struggle to get free. I've written screenplays, two children's books,articles for the New York Times and published a novel, Restraint, an erotic thriller. I have a master's degree from Harvard Divinity School. This blog is a ongoing record of what I've learned, what I'm learning and what I'm still realizing I need to know, as I work my way toward change.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

WORDS

Looking for momentum, the sense of a racing engine, energy not from the outside but from within, a surging surge, a tide that crests again and again. A spark inside, small, flickering, but just waiting to be fanned - through action...action creates action and the desire for more action. Small steps, larger strides, even to run...

Interesting, that I can think of "myself" carried along by momentum as if that momentum exists somewhere outside me, like a river I can float on, when momentum can only be inside me, part of me. O, the difficulties of articulating consciousness, of describing the 10,000 layers, the million aspects - and how it all can be felt simultaneously...my infinite self...

This a fragment, written mostly to feel the joy of the keys, laying down font, letting it all swirl...how grateful I am for words...

No comments:

Post a Comment