About Me

I'm a writer in Los Angeles, with more than my share of the struggle to get free. I've written screenplays, two children's books,articles for the New York Times and published a novel, Restraint, an erotic thriller. I have a master's degree from Harvard Divinity School. This blog is a ongoing record of what I've learned, what I'm learning and what I'm still realizing I need to know, as I work my way toward change.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

DEFINITIONS

Things I'm thinking about just now:

Endurance - the strength and determination to withstand whatever life brings.

Perseverance - to keep trying despite reversals, disappointments and difficulties.

Resilience - the ability to recover from the above: reversals, disappointments and difficulties.

The desire for hope - a willingness to search for a connection to a higher power, to a source of energy that can move me forward.

Memory - a conscious cultivation of what has helped me in the past, to call up the times in the past when doors have opened for me.

Courage - the willingness, the determination to move beyond old habits and ways of thinking, onto a road I can barely see, heading for a destination hidden in the unknown.

Gratitude - the elegant cousin of acceptance, the way to open up to the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment