About Me

I'm a writer in Los Angeles, with more than my share of the struggle to get free. I've written screenplays, two children's books,articles for the New York Times and published a novel, Restraint, an erotic thriller. I have a master's degree from Harvard Divinity School. This blog is a ongoing record of what I've learned, what I'm learning and what I'm still realizing I need to know, as I work my way toward change.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

LAO TZU

To bear and not to own;
To act and not lay claim;
To do the work and let it go:
For just letting go is what 
   makes it stay. -- Lao Tzu

To act without demand or expectation. To do whatever you can, to work as hard as you can, and then to surrender the outcome. To know that letting go is the only way to make space for something new ...to know this and yet to have to learn it again and again, and be willing to learn it again and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment