About Me

I'm a writer in Los Angeles, with more than my share of the struggle to get free. I've written screenplays, two children's books,articles for the New York Times and published a novel, Restraint, an erotic thriller. I have a master's degree from Harvard Divinity School. This blog is a ongoing record of what I've learned, what I'm learning and what I'm still realizing I need to know, as I work my way toward change.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

TIRED

I woke up tired this morning, continued tired this afternoon and was yet more tired tonight. (This reminds me of the scene in Alice in Wonderland when the White Rabbit is about to read something to the Queen and asks, Where shall I begin? The Queens response: Start at the beginning, continue through the middle and stop when you come to the end. Amazingly sensible advice, good for any occasion.)
     Sometimes I think I ought to be able to transcend being tired. Take a deep breath, shake the cobwebs out -- and go! Not really such sensible advice, at least not tonight. I'll pay attention to my body, let it have its way. Whatever is on my plate, like Scarlet, I'll get to it tomorrow.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment