About Me

I'm a writer in Los Angeles, with more than my share of the struggle to get free. I've written screenplays, two children's books,articles for the New York Times and published a novel, Restraint, an erotic thriller. I have a master's degree from Harvard Divinity School. This blog is a ongoing record of what I've learned, what I'm learning and what I'm still realizing I need to know, as I work my way toward change.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

CHATTER

Much of the time, the chatter in my head is pointless.  I don't mean those times when I'm thinking about ideas or focused on what I'm doing or talking to friends.  I mean those times when all the chatter comes out of either vanity or insecurity, when I'm judging other people or rehearsing the slights and resentments I've accumulated during the day or comparing myself to other people or fantasizing an impossible future.
     Sometimes I'm so caught up in the chatter it seems all of reality.  But then It,s as if something awakens me, l take a step back, realize how much the chatter has taken over and in that realization become able to stop it. I close my eyes and wait for the silence, letting go, coming into the moment, surrendering the chattering mind. It's peaceful in the silence, I become aware of my breathing, and with each breath I feel myself expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment