About Me

I'm a writer in Los Angeles, with more than my share of the struggle to get free. I've written screenplays, two children's books,articles for the New York Times and published a novel, Restraint, an erotic thriller. I have a master's degree from Harvard Divinity School. This blog is a ongoing record of what I've learned, what I'm learning and what I'm still realizing I need to know, as I work my way toward change.

Sunday, January 3, 2016

GRATITUDE

I've had a good day today and I feel grateful for it.  Gratitude, I think, is the aristocrat of emotions. When I open myself up to it, I feel a kind of grandeur, an expansion, a softening of boundaries so that I'm embracing my fullest self and connecting to everything that is in me and outside of me.  There is something exhilarating in that kind of gratitude, transcendent, and once I first experienced it, I found I wanted more.

No comments:

Post a Comment